Common Applications of Zinc Oxide for Rubber Products:
- Truck and passenger car tires
- Door channel, window channel
- Shoe soles and heels; boots
- Wire and cable rubber jackets and insulation
- Inflatable boats
- Carpet backing
- Custom mix
Rubber products represent the largest market for zinc oxide.
From rubber tires and general rubber to latex compounds, zinc oxide is used as the preferred activator in the vulcanization or curing process.
- Zinc oxide increases the effect of organic accelerators in rubber vulcanization.
- Adds strength to rubber compounds, improves their resistance to heat and abrasion and helps guard against ultraviolet degradation.
- Contributes to the breaking of the accelerator and the sulfur reticulation.
- ZnO is effective in achieving the necessary degree of reticulation to create cross-links between polymer chains for rubber vulcanization.
- May reduce heat buildup and reduce wear in tires
- Reduces shrinkage in manufacturing
Zochem Grade 400, 400P Recommended