- When we do have open positions, we look for highly qualified candidates, and we encourage related industry pros with zinc, chemical engineering, sales and customer service backgrounds to contact us at any time. All correspondence will be kept confidential.
- We offer a pleasant work environment that respects individual contributions and encourages professional growth, as well as a competitive benefits program.
- Zochem is an equal opportunity employer.
- While we cannot respond to every email, your correspondence will always receive high level attention.
- Our corporate headquarters, engineering and manufacturing facility is located in Dickson, TN, a suburb of Nashville. Our Canadian manufacturing plant is located in Brampton, Ontario, a suburb of the Greater Toronto Area.
Current Open Positions
Quality Control Lab Technician
(Dickson, TN) Looking for a responsible, highly motivated person who learns quickly, with an interest in science and math. Coursework in Biology or Chemistry preferred. Experience in a laboratory preferred by not required for the right candidate.
- Must have a good eye for detail and the ability to work at a fast pace.
- Punctuality and good attendance are a must.
- Must adhere to written and verbal instructions.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be committed to quality work and exhibit a strong work ethic with a commitment to company needs and growth.
Some of the responsibilities may include chemical analysis of in-process and finished product samples; reporting results of analysis; learning to perform preventative maintenance on and troubleshooting of instruments (ICP-OES, AA, Surface Area), maintaining a clean lab environment; preparation of standards and reagents, calibrating instruments; maintaining records of all activities and test results, monitoring supplies and reporting inventory needs to supervisor.
Perform second checks of data entry as directed.
Education: Must have a high school degree or equivalent; some college coursework in Chemistry, Biology or related science is required.
Experience: 2 years in a laboratory is a plus but not required for the right candidate; experience with ICP-OES, AA or Surface Area instruments a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range: $15.00 – $18.00 (solely depends on experience.)
To Keep our employees safe due to COVID-19, we scan temperatures of everyone who enters our facility. we strongly encourage and practice social distancing, we provide mask and cleaning supplies.
(Dickson, TN) Functions across various jobs in the manufacturing of zinc oxide, comprising furnace operations and packaging. Production Operators are cross trained in several areas and assist shipping, receiving, and maintenance to ensure continuous and effective operations. Furnace operations: Loads and operates one or more boiler furnaces with raw material (zinc) to process from solid material to molten material to oxidized material. Packaging operations: Operates an automatic silo, scale, and bag press to efficiently and safely package product into approved packaging configurations per customer specifications. High School or equivalency with ability to read, write, and complete basic mathematical computations. Requires a minimum of sSix (6) months experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment with exposure to processes, workplace safety, multi-shift operations, and forklift operations (forklift certification required). Previous experience in a foundry or boiler operations is beneficial. Click here for complete position descripton.
Click here to download Employment Application Form.