Whenever Zochem has open positions, we look for highly qualified candidates, and we encourage related industry pros with zinc, chemical engineering, sales and customer service backgrounds to contact us at any time. All correspondence will be kept confidential.
- We offer a pleasant work environment that respects individual contributions and encourages professional growth, as well as a competitive benefits program.
- Zochem is an equal opportunity employer.
- While we cannot respond to every email, your correspondence will always receive high level attention.
- Our corporate headquarters, engineering and manufacturing facility is located in Dickson, TN, a suburb of Nashville. Our Canadian manufacturing plant is located in Brampton, Ontario, a suburb of the Greater Toronto Area.
Current Open Positions
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (Dickson, TN)
We are looking for a responsible, highly motivated person who learns quickly, to ensure the proper operation of plant equipment. Responsibilities include completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions. The position requires a good eye for detail and the ability to work at a fast pace.
- Punctuality and good attendance are a must.
- Must adhere to written and verbal instructions.
- Be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Be committed to quality work and exhibit a strong work ethic.
Skills and Abilities
- Fundamental knowledge of maintaining and repairing mechanical and electrical components of machinery and equipment, in accordance with blueprints, schematic drawings, operations manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications
- Ability to troubleshoot malfunctions, dissemble to remove parts, and fabricate repairs or new parts.
- Basic reading, writing, and speaking skills (English), plus basic math skills
- Basic reasoning; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standard situations.
- Ability to work independently with general direction and guidance to complete tasks
- Ability to make decisions within the scope of the job to effectively resolve problems and confer with supervisor on more complex issues
- 3-5 years of experience in a heavy industrial environment comprising simple and complex electrical and mechanical maintenance of a wide range of machinery and equipment. This includes but is not limited to furnaces, conveyors, forklifts plus general facilities maintenance.
PRODUCTION OPERATOR (Dickson, TN)
Functions across various jobs in the manufacturing of zinc oxide, comprising furnace operations and packaging. Production Operators are cross trained in several areas and assist shipping, receiving, and maintenance to ensure continuous and effective operations. Furnace operations: Loads and operates one or more boiler furnaces with raw material (zinc) to process from solid material to molten material to oxidized material. Packaging operations: Operates an automatic silo, scale, and bag press to efficiently and safely package product into approved packaging configurations per customer specifications.
High School or equivalency with ability to read, write, and complete basic mathematical computations. Requires a minimum of six (6) months experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment with exposure to processes, workplace safety, multi-shift operations, and forklift operations (forklift certification required). Previous experience in a foundry or boiler operations is beneficial.
Click Here for complete position descripton.
To Keep our employees safe due to COVID-19, we may scan the temperatures of everyone who enters our facility. we encourage and practice social distancing, we provide masks and cleaning supplies.