Zochem Sales Team
Ed SmithVice President Sales & Marketing
While you probably already know Ed from his many years of exerience in the zinc oxide industry, you probably didn’t know about his interest in attending antique and sport car shows. Other passions include investing, world travel, live concerts, and sporting events. Ed lives in the Chicago area with a winter home in Florida. He’s married with two children.
- Over 31 years zinc oxide industry experience, including 23 years as a global sales director at a major producer.
- Prior to joining a major zinc oxide producer, Smith spent 11 years in various sales management roles in the electronics industry.
- Smith is a graduate of Northern Illinois University.
Robert KaplanRegional Sales Manager
Rob started life on the East Coast and now loves life in Northern California. Along the way, he’s lived in Washington, D.C., Maryland, Australia, New Zealand, Nevada, and Tennessee. He shows his international chops with dual US-New Zealand citizenship. Rob enjoys playing competitive tennis on USTA-rated teams, hiking and fishing in the mountains of northern California and, of course, travel!
- Rob has 30+ years experience in the zinc industry.
- Worked for the Anglo American Ltd. Mining Company, in mineral exploration and for chemical distributor Univar, in sales.
- Graduate of University of Maryland with a BS in geology.
Seth JohnsonRegional Sales Manager
Seth joined the Zochem sales team in 2016 after holding the position of Southeast Regional Sales Manager for a plastics manufacturer. He is married with a 1 year old daughter. When not out explaining the many benefits of working with Zochem, Seth is focused on his other teams, the Kansas City Chiefs, Kansas City Royals, and Kansas Jayhawks. All of his free time isn’t just spent in a sports stadium or in front of a big screen TV, he also enjoys golfing and grilling for his family and friends.
- Bachelor of Science, University of Kansas
- 10 years of Manufacturing Regional Sales Experience
- Resides in Nashville, close to Zochem HQ
- BS Finance, The University of Kansas
Tom RieckelmanSales Agent, Greenview Chemical
Tom is an avid cyclist, golfer, and hockey player, former runner and triathlete. Former because he says that “old knees don’t like running!” Tom calls Chicago home, but loves to travel and explore our planet to the fullest.
- Over 27 years of experience in general chemical and zinc oxide industries. This has given him real world insights as to how ZnO works in chemical processes.
- President of Greenview Chemical
- Sales agent for Zochem
John StouracTechnical Sales Support
John Stourac brings 31+ years of zinc oxide experience. He is Licensed to practice law in IL, FL, and Fed Court. He’s also a FAA licensed private pilot. John enjoys volunteer activities, including being a community organizer for ACS Relay for Life event; and volunteer for Habitat for Humanity.
- Regulatory experience includes OEPA, OSHA, DOT, FDA, FERC, REACH, and EPA permits.
- Develops and implements EMS systems; manage OSHA and EPA programs, as well as directs all USFDA, USP, API and other pharmaceutical compliance activities.
- Responsible for Testing Lab, quality system development, and customer satisfaction.
- MBA from Dominion University and a JD from John Marshall Law School.
- He is a member of ASTM, ACS (American Chemical Society), Rubber Manufacturers Association (RMA), and NIST (National Institute for Standards and Technology).
- Member of Board of Directors of ARPM, Association for Rubber Products Manufacturers.
John CartwrightRegional Sales Manager
John is a real Zochem veteran, with over 30 years of service, including time in sales for Zinc Corporation of America and Horsehead Corporation. He enjoys woodworking, golf, attending sporting events, and spending time with family. Living in the heart of Ohio, he had loads of experience assisting customers in the rubber and elastomer industries.
- BA in business from Youngstown State University
- John lives in Boardman, Ohio, married with three children
- 30+ years of experience in the zinc oxide industry.
Tiffany ColeCustomer Service Representative, Zochem South
If you have called Zochem South, you’ve probably had a conversation with Tiffany. With 15 + years customer service experience, she will give you the answers and the service you need. Tiffany enjoys reading, doing research, and creating memories with her children.
- 5+ years in the zinc oxide/manufacturing field
- Prior to Zochem, Tiffany worked for 11 years with a local Illinois government agency
- Studied at Morton College, with emphasis in criminal justice and nursing.
Farrah ParvazCustomer Service Representative, Zochem North
Farrah is a pro at customer service and can tell you what you need to know about zinc oxide and Zochem. Born and raised in Toronto, Ontario.
- 15+ years customer service experience; 4+ years at Zochem.
- Prior to Zochem Farrah worked in logistics with Federal Express and Manitoulin in the Toronto area.
- Climbed 2,579 steps (1,815′) of the CN tower for charity, said-to-be the tallest metal staircase on Earth!
- Enjoys camping, hanging out with friends, reading, movies (love mob and horror movies!)